Saturday, June 06, 2009

more island top...



















Granted, I could really use some better lighting in the shop. The flash is also terrible. But these are all of the bottom side. The other side is superior.

Weighs approximately 200 lbs, measures 60"x36"x2". 100% end grain ambrosia/spalted maple. There is a small sink going in the middle.

The wood comes largely from the same tree, a rock/sugar maple with unusually dynamic and consistent spalting, each board selected from Peter Tennant's extraordinary yard at Bee Tree Hardwoods.

I can build more of these. Very likely priced well below those of *anybody* else. My overhead is still relatively small, and patience long. From choosing and milling lumber to design, construction and careful finishing, I do all the work myself.

No comments: